Centier Bank (“we”, “us”, “Centier Bank” or “Company”) is offering you the opportunity to refer friends via a Referral Program (“Program”) offered on the web site located at www.refer.centier.com and www.refercentier.com (the “Site”).
1. Binding Agreement. By using the Site or participating in the Program, you are bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) and indicate your agreement to them. All of the Company's decisions are final and binding.
2. Privacy. The personal information collected, processed and used as part of the Program will be used in accordance with Company’s Privacy Notice, which is available by link on the Site.
3. How the Program Works. You must be a legal resident of the United States of America and at least 18 years old to use the Site. You must have an open and active account in good standing with Centier Bank. Next, you must visit the Site and follow the on-screen instructions to start making referrals. Once you make a referral, you become a “Referrer” and will be provided with a unique referral link (“Personal Link”) that allows you to receive the benefit or reward advertised on the Site.
Referred persons (“Friends”) must complete the referral as described in the referral message. In order to complete the referral, Friends must complete the following “Qualifying Requirements”: (1) open a qualified personal checking account, enroll in direct deposit, and complete a recurring direct deposit (that is, a direct deposit of payroll or governmental benefits like social security) of $100 or more in the first 90 days after account opening. Friends who currently have an active account or had an active account in the last six months are not eligible to be Friends. All Referrer and Friend accounts must have positive balances at the time they are notified that they may claim rewards under the Program.
The minimum opening deposit is $50 for all personal checking accounts (or $25 for Smart Choice Checking and Veterans Checking accounts). The $50 reward cannot be used to satisfy minimum opening deposit requirement. Some checking accounts may earn interest. For example, the annual percentage yield (“APY”) on Centier Interest Checking accounts is 0.01% as of 6/16/2020. There is no minimum balance to obtain this APY. A minimum daily balance of $500 or an average monthly balance of $1000 is needed to avoid fees on these accounts. Fees could reduce earnings. Rates are subject to change without notice, including after the account is opened. Other terms and conditions apply.
Referrer and Friend will be notified by email to choose a reward within 90 days of the Qualifying Requirements being met, and $50 rewards will be available immediately upon selection. If a physical card is selected, the card will be mailed approximately two weeks after the request is processed. Rewards may be reported as income to the IRS on a Form 1099 or W-2, and recipients are solely responsible for all applicable taxes. If an email address is not provided by the Referrer or Friend, an alternate reward of $50 will be added into that individuals account.
Important Privacy Notice: By agreeing to participate in the Program, you agree that the Referrer may be aware that you opened a qualified Centier Bank checking account and made the required deposit when he/she receives a referral reward and consent to the disclosure of such information to the Referrer.
4. Restrictions. There are no limits on how many Friends you can refer. Referrers cannot refer themselves or create multiple, fictitious or fake accounts with the Company or participate in the Program as “Friends”. No user may use the Program to violate any law, infringe or violate the rights of any third party, or otherwise act in a manner that is deemed harassing, harmful, illegal, hateful, obscene or outside the spirit and intent of the Program. In addition, you may not (i) tamper with the Program, (ii) act in an unfair or disruptive manner, or (iii) use any system, bot or other device or artifice to participate or receive any benefit in the Program. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, YOU WILL FORFEIT ANY RIGHT TO RECEIVE A REWARD UNDER THE PROGRAM, AND THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
All associates of the Company or any of its or their subsidiaries, affiliates or promotional agencies have no limit to the number of Friends they can refer. Existing associates cannot be referred, they can only refer others.
5. Rewards. By making a valid referral, you will receive a $50 reward and your Friend will receive a $50 reward. There is no limit to the number of referrals that can be made or $50 rewards that can be earned by the referrer. These rewards may be redeemed in various forms in the Company's sole discretion. Restrictions may apply. Rewards are subject to verification. The Company may delay a reward for the purposes of investigation. The Company may also refuse to verify and process any transaction for any reason.
Unless otherwise stated, rewards have no monetary value and may not be redeemed for cash. They are not transferable and may not be auctioned, traded, bartered or sold.
6. Liability. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). By participating in the Program, you agree to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Company, Extole, Inc., as the provider of the referral service, and their respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, together with their respective employees, directors, officers, licensees, licensors, shareholders, attorneys and agents including, without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, operation or administration of the Program (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to the Program (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)) and/or the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of any benefit in the Program. The Released Parties shall not be liable for any technical errors or malfunctions, data theft or corruption, any printing or typographical error, or any damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Program. The Released Parties shall not be liable to any users for failure to supply any advertised benefit, by reason of any acts of God, any action or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not valid), or any other activity or action that is beyond any of the Released Parties’ control. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, THE RELEASED PARTIES’ MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $100.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND TERMS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR CUSTOM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; (B) THE RELEASED PARTIES MAKE AND GIVE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE PROGRAM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, AND (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (C) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
8. Bulk Distribution (“Spam”). Each Referrer is the actual sender of the emails and must comply with applicable law. Referrals must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with Friends. By submitting any email address as part of the Program, the Referrer represents that he/she has the appropriate permission and consent. Bulk email distribution, distribution to strangers, or any other use of the services described herein in a manner that is not promoted is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate termination and further legal action. The Company has no obligation to monitor the Program or any communications; however, the Company may choose to do so and block any email messages, remove any such content, or prohibit any use of the Program. Referrers who do not comply with the law, including anti-spam laws, are obligated to indemnify the Program Entities against any liabilities, costs and expenses it incurs as a result of such spam.
9. Right to Cancel, Modify or Terminate. We reserve the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Program at any time for any reason without notice. We reserve the right to disqualify any Referrer or Friend at any time from participation in the Program if he/she does not comply with any of these Terms.